In the winter months, this recipe was literally my obsession. It’s so hard to crave a juice or a smoothie when it is frosty and dark in the mornings. I still wanted a way to get my fruit intake in as well as having a warm, comforting and delicious breakfast… so enter pancakes! This recipe is super simple and quick to whip up, so it’s perfect if you want to get that extra 10-minute sleep in. The best bit in my opinion, you can change the toppings each day, depending what you have in the house or what you feel like.
This recipe is incredibly versatile, you can add other ingredients to the pancake mix like diced apple, finely chopped chocolate or blueberries. You can tell I’ve made this recipe a few times! There is no limit to making light fluffy pancakes with any combination of yummy ingredients though.
I recommend making a double batch, then you have some for lunch or for a snack later on!
½ cup wholemeal SR flour
2 teaspoons vegan egg replacement (can also substitute for flaxseed)
2 tablespoons of water
Almond milk to achieve a good smooth consistency
Your choice of toppings (I used strawberries, banana, raspberries and LSA meal)
** Optional – add a dash of maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together using a whisk until batter is smooth
- Heat a frypan to medium heat, pop in a tiny bit of coconut oil to grease
- Ladle mixture into three circles
- When bubbles start to form and pop in the mixture and the edges look a little darker in colour, flip pancakes
- Cook for a few more minutes until golden on both sides
- Remove from pan, top with fruit and enjoy!
- If you add blueberries to the mixture, pour the mix into the frypan first, then sprinkle blueberries on top to prevent bleeding.
- Flour can be substituted for gluten-free flour if required, if using a non-self-raising flour though, be sure to add a tsp of bi-carb or baking powder to make them rise.Any day started with pancakes will be a good day! Enjoy!