Smoothie bowls are all the rage at the moment and there’s good reason why, they’re delicious! They have a great range of health benefits from the combined goodness of ingredients and toppings, including potassium, antioxidants and vitamins. The weather here has been hot this week, so what better way to celebrate daily, than a smoothie bowl?
This is an old recipe of mine (for the smoothie part) that is super simple and yummy, then you can just add any toppings that take your fancy!
FOR THE SMOOTHIE
- 3 bananas (sounds like a lot, but you won’t regret it and it’ll get you through to lunch)
- Roughly 250ml almond milk (can be substituted for any non-dairy milk)
- Cinnamon to taste
Blend it up in a Nutribullet or blender until you have a nice thick consistency. Depending on the size of bananas, you may have to add more milk, or put a little less in.
Once it’s all blended up, pop it all into a bowl and then you can start the fun part… The toppings!
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- LSA (Linseed, Almond and Sunflower meal)
- Buckinis (They add the yummiest crunch)
- Cacao nibs (because chocolate…)
- Fresh banana slices
- Frozen raspberries
But the options are limitless! Any fruit/nut/seed combo will be delicious, just keep playing around til you find your favourite!